Shipping Update for VL3s w/ 750kg Option

I was notified today that my VL3 will be on a container ship in June and complete the reassembly, certification, and Phase I flight testing at Crossville Memorial Airport (KCSV) in July.  I understand that two VL3s are typically loaded into each shipping container, and several other VL3s will be completing the same journey around the same time +/- one month.

Reassembly will be by Azure Flight Services.  I'm told Azure has five A&P mechanics at Crossville Airport and already has at least one VL3 reassembly and certification under its belt with a good result.  Azure is slated to reassemble two VL3s for the same broker in June and two more (including mine) in July.

Fingers crossed, but starting to feel more real.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Michael Hodes said:

I received some pictures from Matej.  It is getting very close.

Looks great!  I really like the classic paint scheme with the blue, gray, and white.

I put the flaps selector on the lower panel, too.  Didn't want it too close to the light switches.  For the TO/GA button, I wired an otherwise unused button on the stick.  Routing the wires is a pain in the neck, but figured it'd be easier to "find" at minimums.

15 hours ago, Michael Hodes said:

I received some pictures from Matej.  It is getting very close.

SN575.png

SN575-2.png

Your tail number is two behind mine -- I am expecting delivery into Crossville in late June.  The aircraft is next in line for flight testing.

DG

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jim Badalamenti said:

I received a few photos of mine post paint and presumably nearing entry to final assembly.

Paint design and the deep red color look great!  I'm assured my VL3 will still complete flight testing and ship in June.  We'll see...  I plan to ping JMB for another update in a couple weeks.

On 5/31/2024 at 2:03 PM, Matt Ricciardi said:

I'm assured my VL3 will still complete flight testing and ship in June.

I just received an "update" pushing back my delivery date by another three months to September.  Yet another broken promise by JMB.  Delivery date was originally December, then March, then June, then July, now September.  No explanation given.  I'm livid and considering options.

• Like 1