Dynon versus Garmin

I opted for twin Dynon HDX over Garmin because I had D100/D120 units in my previous aircraft and a lack of Garmin chart support for NZ at the time.

Other considerations were:

Almost all functions can be accomplished with buttons rather than touchscreen - very important in turbulence.

The small size of the X25 radio and the 3 KNOB panel instead of the full AP panel left me more space to play with.
I also opted for a Dynon transponder without a front panel - driven only from the HDX. (only negative is inability to dial 7700 when all power including backup battery has failed).

Service and support - there are many reports that Dynon are way ahead and I've had good experience so far.

Only negative I've found is the awkward long push to activate the radio DUAL function.

WhatsAppImage2023-02-27at1_15.10PM(1)(Medium).thumb.jpeg.787d7ae812e6d84018f6b3c229e13e1f.jpeg

• Like 1

I went with the cognac leather, too.  Looks great next to the blue paint on the exterior.

Dynon avionics aren't advertised as an option anymore, although you might be able to get them by special request.  I've only flown Garmin panels since transitioning from a traditional six pack years ago.  Lots of G1000 time, plus some G3X Touch and G500/GTN650 time.  Dynon is popular in homebuilt experimental airplanes here in the States, mostly due to lower pricing and good support, I think.