Optimum Cruise at 10,000ft (915)

I've found this to be my optimum cruise setting - 31.5 MAP at 5000 rpm - giving 141 IAS/165 TAS with fuel flow of 24 ltr/hr.

The nm/ltr of 8.1 is high due to the tail wind and would normally be around 6.9.

screenshot-ZKVLT-SN23969-16.5.2.10439-20231019-091736-598-en_US (Large).jpg

• Like 2

Hey, John...  Welcome to the forum.  Our first member in the Southern Hemisphere, so far as I'm aware!

Thanks for this data and the couple other practical tips just posted.  Most of us here in the States are still eagerly awaiting our planes, so advice from experienced VL3 pilots is very much appreciated!

Thanks Matt, I was initially looking to create a new forum when I discovered this one. My previous aircraft was a Tecnam and they have a pretty useful forum. There are 4 915's and a 912 down here so I will pass the word on.

Yep, I was thinking along the same lines.  This forum uses the same backend as the very popular Mooneyspace.com forum for Mooney aircraft.  Seems to be working well so far and plenty of room for growth.  Many of the core JMB folks are on here, along with customers, brokers, and insurance agents.

I created a new "Australia & New Zealand" regional forum for you and others "down under" to coordinate.  Didn't realize several VL3s were already flying there but glad to hear it!