Czech LAA Approval to Fly VL3 750kg Variant

The Czech Light Aircraft Association granted final approval for JMB to fly all VL3s with the 750kg gross weight increase option, according to an e-mail several U.S. customers received from a U.S. sales agent today.  We're told this means JMB can now complete, flight test, and ship VL3s with the 750kg gross weight increase option "without any further delay."

With AERO Friedrichshafen concluding tomorrow, I'm personally hopeful that shipping these overdue planes will be the next priority.  We'll see...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

From JMB's social media today...  Appears to be a test flight from the improvised grass airstrip behind the JMB final assembly facility.  Anyone recognize the paint scheme?  If you look closely, a lime green and silver plane is on the ground just outside the factory.  Rather ridiculous that we're having to glean updates on our aircraft from social media in the face of continuing radio silence from the factory.

IMG_8263.jpg

2 hours ago, Michael Hodes said:

The logjam might have broken loose.  Josh texted me earlier today that my plane is scheduled to be test flown next week and they'll be able to provide a shipping date after that.

That's fantastic news!  Still radio silence regarding my plane, but several of us were right behind you in the queue...