JMB at AERO Friedrichshafen 2024

Matt Ricciardi

I see a plane (covered in the orange) that was not even manufactured while I was in Czechia that is now on display at a major event. As a matter of fact, it was brought into the final assembly area while I was in there on March 1, 2024.  Today is the 17th of April and it is on display.  That plane "flew" past other paying customers builds while ours are sitting in the factory.

All the while, my aircraft was way ahead of this one (Red/White/Blue) and does not have wings on it and was manufactured with the wrong panel that had items on it I would have never order and did not provide an approval for the panel layout. 

6288622D-652E-4D94-94C3-A72EAEBB0ABC_1_105_c.jpeg

0AEF48E3-DD97-4EF7-A82E-2714EDD834D8_1_105_c.jpeg

I want to update that my anger is misplaced.  I suspect that the aircraft is merely painted and is not airworthy -- since it does not have a tail number.  Also, I have now received my panel layout.  Much happier now that I had my coffee and a nice conversation with other purchasers.

David

1 hour ago, David Galardi said:

I suspect that the aircraft is merely painted and is not airworthy -- since it does not have a tail number.

That would be consistent with the display aircraft at AERO Friedrichshafen last year.  The VL3 916iS on display didn't actually contain a 916iS engine.  Regardless, glad you're making progress towards completion again.  I went through several rounds on the panel myself and just signed-off on the final last week.

• Like 2

On 4/18/2024 at 2:49 PM, Matt Ricciardi said:

That would be consistent with the display aircraft at AERO Friedrichshafen last year.  The VL3 916iS on display didn't actually contain a 916iS engine.  Regardless, glad you're making progress towards completion again.  I went through several rounds on the panel myself and just signed-off on the final last week.

Amen to that -- I will post my final panel here when I get it.

On 4/20/2024 at 11:31 AM, Matt Ricciardi said:

Nice segment with @Matej talking about the VL3 on a popular European YouTube channel:

Great interview -  I really enjoyed meeting Matej and appreciate his commitment to getting the customer experience to an exceptional level.  Something required for the US market.

David