Final Panel Design w/ Dual G3X Touch & GTN 650Xi

I signed-off on the final panel design and sent it to be cut today.  (Layout diagram attached.)  Dual Garmin G3X Touch displays with a GTN 650Xi in a more traditional center stack -- physical buttons rather than a GTN 750Xi and remoting everything else, controversial but personal preference.  To my surprise and delight, JMB swapped in the new Garmin GTN 215 as the secondary NAV/COM radio.

We spent a couple minor revisions tweaking the labels for consistency and to comport with standard phraseology here in the States.  Hopefully a good model for other U.S. customers moving forward, even if they want to substitute a GTN 750Xi in the middle.  Performance numbers and limitations for the 916iS engine with the 750kg gross weight increase option are still being finalized, so the placards will be updated before installation.

VL3 916iS 650Xi Panel Final.png

• Like 1

Great look panel Matt!   Of course, I’m a little biased since mine is identical, with just some switch location differences!   On thing to note, I was told they couldn’t get the GDL 51R in Europe - so I had to get the GDL 52R.  

Edited by Jim Harris