Conditional Inspection VL3 915is

Hi guys, 

I wanted to share my latest conditional inspection cost. I had the work done at Hendricks Field Aviation down in Sebring. It's a shop right next to Duc propellors. 

I paid $1,602 with tax! 

Everything that was done for this price. 

1. Airframe conditional inspection 

2. Serviced Hydraulic landing gear (this included gear swing test) 

3. ELT inspection 

4. Rotax 100 hour inspection

5. Dynamic prop balance (this was covered by DUC) ad I just got the prop installed. 

6. New tires & brake pads. 

7. Canopy composite Repair & and adjustment

8. New Garmin updates for GNx375 and G3x 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lukas Bestajovsky said:

I paid $1,602 with tax!

Yep, that sounds about right for a two-seat experimental with no problems.  A colleague recently paid about $1,500 for an annual inspection on his RV-9A at a small shop in Virginia.  Much cheaper than annuals (and parts) for certified aircraft!

Any difficulty scheduling the annual?  How long was the airplane out-of-service?

It was very quick less than a week, as you say I didn't really have anything wrong besides normal wear and tear on consumables and it helps that Lockwood is literally walking distance from the hangar. I went to Europe for a week and it was ready when I came back. The only negative is that it's a bit out of the way, make sure to reserve a rental car in advance if you go there. Luckily another VL3 customer who dropped his plane off at the same shop and had another friend pick us up in Baron so I was able to bum a ride.  Scheduling was easy with Justin and he's very transparent, I hear he is increasing capacity at his shop. On side a note, I had Connor, from Odyssey Pilot hours in Colorado give me a call today and he was telling me how easy the maintenance is on the VL3's, but he does have FG and fixed pitch prop which does add to the simplicity. Those guys fly about 100-150 hours a month. 

• Like 1