Hotel Recommendations for Factory-Assisted Homebuilding Program

Matt Ricciardi

The factory-assisted homebuilding program (obviously) requires spending some time at the JMB factory in the Czech Republic.  JMB has facilities in Chocen and Vysoké Mýto, both about 90 miles (145 km) east of Prague.  JMB recommended that I fly into Prague, the nearest commercial airport, and spend the first night there, then travel onwards to the factory the next day.

For the first and last nights in Prague, JMB suggested the Mosaic House Design Hotel.  In the factory village, JMB suggested the Bonviván Apartments.  I haven't personally stayed at either (yet), but both were affordable and responsive during the booking process, and both received very good online reviews.

• 4 weeks later...

I highly recommend Mosaic House. I have stayed their 5 or 6 times and I have only praise for the hotel. Should cost less than 100 Euros/night off season and not more than 130 Euros in the summer. I actually walk to the train station from the Mosaic House each day, then take the train to Chocen. I haven't stayed in Chocen or Vysoke Myto yet actually. But if you're looking for a quiet getaway, Chocen and Vysoke Myto are great options. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Josh Scheid said:

I actually walk to the train station from the Mosaic House each day, then take the train to Chocen.

Can you post details/instructions for taking the train (which one, buying tickets, etc.)?  Was wondering about this myself.  Is there also a train to/from Vysoké Mýto?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/5/2023 at 6:47 PM, Matt Ricciardi said:

Can you post details/instructions for taking the train (which one, buying tickets, etc.)?  Was wondering about this myself.  Is there also a train to/from Vysoké Mýto?

Download and use the Muj Vlak app for Czech trains it's great. I had a customer inform me about this app even though none of my Czech friends told me. lol 

Here are some directions from a hotel in Czech:

Directions on using the train from Mosaic House Design Hotel Prague to Chocen, CZ.

·         First research the train times on your phone using Google Maps, start at Prague Main Station to Chocen, Czech Republic (Czechia)

·         During the week, in the morning hours it’s one every 45 mins or so

·         The walk from Mosaic House Design Hotel to Prague Main Station is a 20 – 25 min walk. But you need to leave at least 45 to 60 mins before the train to give yourselves time.

·         Using Google Maps walk function with this link VIEW IN GOOGLE MAPS

·         Enter on the lower level of train station.

·         When inside continue to the up escalator, but don’t go up, turn left and look for Ceske Drahy (Czech Railways).

·         Get in line, don’t be afraid to speak English, simply ask for “two tickets to Chocen”. They will pretend they don’t know what you’re talking about, I promise, it happens every time. If it does just show them the name Chocen, CZ on a map on your phone.  Ask for the tickets in English.

·         Once you have the tickets, leave that office and turn right upon exiting. Find the other set of escalators and ascend those.

·         Once at the top you’ll see these blue boards (below). They will tell you which track to find. Don’t look for Chocen, look for the train number. Once the track is listed, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, you will have no more than 5 minutes to find your track… you will walk straight down the hallway with the Costa Coffee on your left. DON’T BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP.

·         Walk down the hall to the correct track, you will be going north to turn left and ascend the stairs, wait for the train, when boarding ask someone to make sure you’re on the right train. If you bought a first class ticket (they’re cheap) get on the car with the #1, if not get on the car with a #2. Don’t sit in the food car, Connor and I made that mistake once, as you’re not allowed.

·         Inside the train it lists the next stops, wait for Chocen, it takes about 75 to 80 minutes. When the train stops at Chocen be ready to get off when the train stops, it waits for no man.

·         Once off the train follow signs to exit at the station and call your contact for a ride to the factory.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I stayed at an Airbnb during the build process and took the train back and forth each day.  I would recommend my particular place, but the Airbnb worked well.  I was close to Wenceslas square and the walk to the station as about 15 minutes.

I am the customer mentioned above that recommended the Muj Vlak app.  It has an English option and works great.

Matej picked me up and dropped me off at the station each day.  They were super nice and accommodating.

There is not much in Chocen, so staying in Prague was a good choice.  The train ride is just over an hour, so it is a good chance to read or use the wifi to catch up on news.   I did not want to rent a car, so this was a better choice for me.