Build Time - serial number

887MK

Hi All, I'm new to the VL3 family and plunked my money down in October 2023.  At the time, 14 months was the projected wait for delivery, but since then I am hearing now a longer wait time... I have been asking sales to find a target delivery date based on the number of folks ahead of me in the queue, but no answer.  Shame on me, I should have required a couple pieces of information prior to handing over 100K$+for my position in line.  JMB should have provided three simple pieces of information; how many planes are ahead of me, how many planes/year are being made and what is my "best efforts delivery date."  I hear 60 planes/year is a current run rate, but I'm not sure of this.  Why can't JMB provide me with "my number in line" and a "best efforts delivery date?"  So much of my personal and aviation planning is dependent on my delivery date... when a new hanger is built, travel to Chocen, training and pick-up timing and location...  I'm a retired business owner and multiple public company CEO, my recent business was called Customer 1st for a reason.  While JMB does an excellent job supporting their customers, these important small pieces of critical information seem to not be available.  JMB - please completely communicate with us on all of the simple things that matter so much, thanks.

I put a deposit down in December 2022 and was given a March 2024 delivery date.  Despite repeated requests over the past month, I haven't received an updated delivery date, but March seems unlikely at this point.  My experience in Choceň (composite fabrication and painting) and Vysoké Mýto (final assembly and flight training) was excellent--positive interactions with everyone from sales, to design, to production, to marketing, to other American and European customers who happened to be visiting at the same time.  But, the lack of transparency on delivery timelines is a real problem.  You're certainly not the only frustrated customer pressing for answers.

22 hours ago, Matt Ricciardi said:

I put a deposit down in December 2022 and was given a March 2024 delivery date.  Despite repeated requests over the past month, I haven't received an updated delivery date, but March seems unlikely at this point.  My experience in Choceň (composite fabrication and painting) and Vysoké Mýto (final assembly and flight training) was excellent--positive interactions with everyone from sales, to design, to production, to marketing, to other American and European customers who happened to be visiting at the same time.  But, the lack of transparency on delivery timelines is a real problem.  You're certainly not the only frustrated customer pressing for answers.

Thanks Matt for sharing your experience and frustration.  Having spent my career providing OEMs (our customers) with technology solutions; I spent a bulk of my time as Sales management and eventually CEO positions setting customer expectations and driving to meet those expectations.  I can say that we did not meet all customer expectations, but we did always provide complete transparency and full-on effort to support our commitments and met over 90% of our commitments.  These efforts start with the CEO and make for happy trusting customers regardless of the outcome.  Best faith effort is just that... best faith based on the information at the time.  Always hard for me to let someone down, but having been transparent and honest has always won me life long friendships.  This is an opportunity for JMB to shine... the truth always comes out in the end.  OK - Understand that I am smiling (not frowning) as I write this and I must say that I am very much impressed with everyone I have worked with so far in this process; my sales team, Francois and others that have been excellent is moving me forward in my beginning stages of this process.  Individual build schedules should be automatically provided and updated, JMB wants their customers to be family and a healthy family transparently shares.

• Like 1

I ordered my 915 VL3 March of 2022 and they told me it would be 18 months.  Just like you, I questioned why I did not receive an order confirmation with my delivery slot and other information.  I opted for the 750KG upgrade and that is causing a delay.  Apparently the 750KG version does not fit into any Czech category, so they need a waiver for the flight testing.  JMB has had some problems getting the waiver in place.  They are suggesting my plane will be ready late February.

When I was there for my build in late July, they said the plane would be done in October.  I started following-up in early September to get more specifics on the date and pairing up for shipping.  The 29th of September they finally told me my plane would not be October and it would be December.  In reaching out in late November and was told January.  I reached out in early January and they are now saying February.  I've received no proactive communications regarding delays or other information.

With all that said, Matej was great during my factory build and flight training.  They took really good care of me.

1 hour ago, Michael Hodes said:

I opted for the 750KG upgrade and that is causing a delay.  Apparently the 750KG version does not fit into any Czech category, so they need a waiver for the flight testing.  JMB has had some problems getting the waiver in place.  They are suggesting my plane will be ready late February.

Yep, I'm in the same boat.  Informed earlier this week about the 750kg option causing a delay and told my plane would now be ready to ship in mid-April with a mid-June delivery here in the States.  I understand about the flight testing red tape due to strict European weight limits on these planes, but I agree the delay should have been proactively communicated.